A free utility program called “Your Phone“ lets you mirror the material on your Android phone to a Windows computer. You may quickly browse through the text messages, pictures, and videos with this tool without downloading an emulator or emailing the information to yourself. Users should be aware that the software only supports modern Android phones running Android 7.0 and higher at this time.
Microsoft created Your Phone, which enables users to access SMS, view notifications, and browse their phone’s gallery from the convenience of a PC.
What is the operation of the Your Phone app?
You will need to spend some time setting up the settings and connecting your Android phone to your PC after downloading the Your Phone application on your Windows computer. Users should be aware that the application only functions on Android 7.0+-powered handsets. Users might also need to download a companion app in order to check their phones, browse media files, and reply to warnings without running into any difficulties.
What functions does the Your Phone app offer?
- The next step is to complete the installation procedure and adhere to the instructions that appear on the screen after downloading app. You can connect your phone and PC after that is finished. Every time you launch the Your Phone application on your computer once the initial connection is made, your phone and PC immediately reconnect.
- Your Phone includes a number of capabilities in addition to a simple and user-friendly UI that is yet to be widely used in other similar programs. To begin with, you can read and respond to text messages using the Your app. There are numerous approaches of accomplishing this. However, the default layout is similar to an email program, ensuring familiarity.
- Additionally, transferring content is made simple with Your Phone. Simply activate the application, look through the most recent 25 photos your camera has taken, then drag and drop them on your desktop. This functionality, as was already mentioned, is currently only available on a few devices and needs to expand.
How do set up Your Phone?
- A Windows PC running the Windows 10, April 2018 update or later is require in order to set up Your Phone. Additionally, you need an Android phone running version 7.0 or higher.
- The Your Phone app needs to be download next on both your Windows computer and your Android phone. You will have the option to text a link to the app on your phone if you first download the program to your computer.
- You will be asked to login into your Microsoft account on your phone that is connected to your PC after installing both of these apps. Then, you’ll need to provide the app rights for access. You will then be prompted to provide permission to disregard battery optimizations. Now that the Your Phone app on your PC has synced, you should be good to go.
- Both Your Phone apps are very basic and largely featureless. However, the Android app makes an effort to promote other Microsoft-owned apps.
What features of the Your Phone app may consumers anticipate?
The Your Phone app allows users to browse all of the content on their phone, check messages, and reply to notifications, which makes it very comparable to mirroring software. Users can also reply to text messages and accept or decline calls using Your Phone, according to Microsoft, the tool’s creator. Users may have to wait a bit before this feature becomes available on all other Android smartphones because this functionality is currently only available on a select handsets.